Friday, March 6, 2015

Fuji Friday...Cabin Fever Fuji

I live in Maine. Although I am not fond of winter as a rule...and to my surprise...the worst winter in memory has taken the least toll on my spirits.  I have designed for myself several challenging and absorbing projects, which are most efficiently performed indoors...this, along with occasional expeditions into the natural world, according to the experts, is the best way to avoid "cabin fever". While an abhorrence of winter sport has limited my interaction with nature...which is solidly frozen...I have taken short walks.

They say that cabin fever can occur just as easily in any other season, but I doubt it. Today, forecasters predict that atop Fujisan the temperature will be a mere 7 degrees with an expected 1 to 3 inches of snowfall. Fuji must also prepare itself for a projected 12 to 18 inches on Monday, March 9. 



Cabin Fever Fuji 10 x 8"   

Graphite on Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment