Friday, August 26, 2016

New Views of Mount Fuji ...Final For Now (or Red Eye) Fuji

The "Red Eye" is a kind of flight embarked on in the evening and ending in the small hours of the morning. The traveler generally arrives fatigued... eyes bloodshot and ringed with red.

Nearly eleven years ago, during a figurative "Dark Night"... I began a journey in Los Angeles that hatched my "Fuji Series". 

I have produced a couple of hundred "Fujis" including assemblage, paintings and drawings, concurrent to other artistic pursuits. The series has travelled well, lending itself to quick explorations, which began at my friend Marianne's kitchen table in West Hollywood. I kept things rolling after I moved back to Maine and I have been posting some of the work from the series every week on this blog for well over a year, along with pertinent quotes or a prose vignette of my own composition.

Now "Comes the Dawn" and however pleasant my life and work, I have grown fatigued ...or more accurately I am seeking a new challenge. I wish to explore another direction. Fuji thinks I'm pushing it ...and I agree. A respite of undetermined length is in order. That said, I will add to the series from time to time and will be producing a dedicated group of prints, along with a book.

This blog will be undergoing a face lift over the next week... and I will continue to post new work along with details of production methods and thought process. All in all ...big changes are in the offing.

Thank you to all who have supported, commented on and encouraged my "New Views of Mount Fuji". I appreciate your kindness more than I can say.



Red Eye Fuji
4 x 6"
Acrylic on Paper
Another Great Photo By Jay York

No comments:

Post a Comment