Monday, October 3, 2016

About... In Peter's Shadow II

I am not especially religious, nor am I convinced of the existence of God in the popularly accepted sense of a Heavenly Czar, I'm an "everything is everything" kind of a girl.

I do, however, think that something is going on... that there is a connecting force at work. It is about and around and within us all. Still, I like a good story and in The Bible there is one that I find especially interesting.

One day, Saint Peter was walking through town, chatting with a group of his disciples. They passed a crippled man who lay begging in the street. Evidently Peter did not notice this man but his shadow crossed over the unfortunate fellow, who was astonished to find that he could stand up and walk. Peter kept on going, clueless as to what had happened.

In life I have often crossed paths with folks who have left me better off for the experience, an unsolicited kindness, a word of encouragement... and then off they go, like Peter, equally unaware of the blessings that they have scattered in their wake.



In Peter's Shadow II
Digital Media


Tech Notes: This piece has been adapted from a Mixed Media work...I attached my ink drawing to a birch panel, then painted the lettering and calligraphy, which translates to "unexpected miracles". I added diagonal stripes using acrylic glazes and graphite. The stripes, for me, symbolize the barriers between what is known and unknown. The work was professionally photographed by Jay York here in Maine. I put the resulting jpeg into Photoshop and applied several filters. 







No comments:

Post a Comment