Friday, January 20, 2017

New Views of Mount Fuji ...Obama (or Optimist) Fuji

In 2008 Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States. I was so inspired by his candidacy that I painted "Obama Fuji" in his honor. 

There are those who will remember the devastated economy, the very real threat of the country sinking into depression and the near impossibility of finding work as an astonishing average of 800,000 jobs vanished each month. 

Obama gave a lot of folks the sense that somehow, someway, we would all pull through.


During the 1930's, in those very hard times... there was a poem circulating called "The Optimist's Creed" which I referenced for my humble tribute. 


As you ramble on through Life, 
Whatever be your goal.
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Today the Obamas left the White House. Donald Trump was sworn into office. During his last press conference Mr. Obama said, “In my core, I believe America will be okay." 

Once again... I think he's right. There's a rocky road ahead, but I think he's right.



Obama (or Optimist) Fuji
28 x 34"
Acrylic on Masonite Panel



No comments:

Post a Comment