Thursday, March 30, 2017

About... "Unsettled" from The Transition Series

Every now and then, I receive a comment on my work which so clearly describes my intention in creating the piece that I am left equally gratified and astonished. I posted this painting online and a Facebook friend, Anthony Taylor noted the following...

The suburban daydream being undermined by climate change and the population boom? Solipsism being undermined by unintended consequences? I see parody and social satire in your work that reminds me of Grant Wood!

I had to look up solipsism which Webster's describes thus: a theory in philosophy that your own existence is the only thing that is real or that can be known.

Well, that entirely works for me. Thanks Anthony.



Unsettled
Acrylic on Wood Panel
24 x 16"



No comments:

Post a Comment