Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Maine Oracle - A General Reading for April 1, 2020

Yesterday, throughout the day and off and on, I experienced a most unpleasant feeling of being rudderless, combined with a low grade anxiety percolating just below the surface.
Today the experience calls to mind a radio station, fading in and out.

Before heading off to the "Feather Ball" I asked The Maine Oracle for insight. 

I slept very well, and this morning, while it is understandable to feel unsettled, along with the entire planet, I have a more philosophical take on my current reality.

1. "The House" while confined to my particular "House" I must pay particular attention to quality of my thoughts. I am responsible for taking action to elevate my thinking. On the other hand being too hard on myself for missing the mark is equally counterproductive. These are unprecedented times, and there is no one who will navigate them perfectly.

2. "Partnership" speaks to working with local authorities and following the social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. It helps me to remember that "doing nothing and sitting around at home" is giving the folks on the front lines a chance to do their jobs. Staying at home is an act of love. While I have a number of projects calling for my attention, it is alright to have days when I don't feel up to the task. One can't underestimate the emotional toll exacted by isolation and uncertainty. It is often exhausting. Resting and recharging will go a long way. I am doing my bit.

3. "Grace" will continue to grant a "second wind" on those occasions when everything seems topsy-turvy, giving a person what is required to carry on for one more day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment