Monday, May 18, 2020

Don't Move That Mountain


Staying at home last week felt just a bit more difficult than previous weeks. 
I felt just a bit more unsettled, a bit wearier.

I pulled three cards for guidance from three different divination decks.
From left to right I drew the sequence which is described below. 


 
The Past   “The Hive” from my own deck, The Maine Oracle.

Familiar workplace and social gatherings are now a memory.



The Present Passing  “The Magician” reversed is from The Rider Waite Tarot Deck.

The new normal is anything but; the tables have been turned. It is time to pick up the pieces. The Magician is the alchemist, bringing together resources and clever devices to fashion a new way of life. Cash, inspiration, unity of purpose and tenacity are all required.



The Future  “The Mountain” is from the Lenormand Oracle.

This card brought to mind a gospel song, “Lord, Don’t Move That Mountain” by Inez Andrews. I always say that I am not particularly religious or attached to any rigid notions of an All Powerful Deity. That said, I believe that there is great inspiration to be found in the following lyrics:



“Oh Lord you don't have to move the mountain
 But give me the strength to climb
 And Lord, don't take away my stumbling blocks
 But lead me all around”


 Stay strong and stay safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment