Friday, July 2, 2021

About a Painting - "Ground Fog" Acrylic on Canvas 11 x 14"

This piece is a bit of a departure for me.

I rarely work on canvas these days, my brush seems to get trapped in the hills and valleys of warp and weft. A flat surface allows me more freedom with fine details.

I am a creature of habit. 

Still, I am loathe to waste material, and plodded along with this piece longer than I might have.

The white tiger is a symbol of developing intuition, and I thought to take the notion of red and white pines quite literally when I organized my pallet. Maybe all of this red white and blue is a kind of metaphor for the peculiar state of affairs in the US of A. I don't know... there IS however quite a bit of static and garbled messaging to be sure.

Emerging from the pandemic leaves me with a feeling that I am somehow trailing behind myself.

I really don't know if this painting is finished...

Maybe just a bit more haze.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment